Who can volunteer and what skills are required?
All responsible adults and teens with an ability and desire to contribute are welcome! There are many different types of positions that can accommodate most interests.
How long is the time commitment and what volunteer positions are available?
Volunteers will provide 3 to 4 hours of service covering areas that include*:
- Booth Sitter: Relieve artists for 10 to 15 minutes at a time
- Gate Support: Welcome guests, take their card payment, distribute programs and be an ambassador for the Festival.
- Exhibitor Assist: Provide general support pre / during / post event
- Entertainment Support: Responsible adults to provide support pre/post event
- Posters/T-Shirts: Sales
- General Festival Support: As needed
If you are interested in providing support during the year - or for longer periods of time on Festival weekend - please let us know. We welcome all the support you wish to share!
When should I arrive and where should I go?
15 to 20 minutes before your shift please check in at the volunteer booth. At the gate, please indicate you are a volunteer and they will direct you. This will allow for a quick review of what you need to know / where you will be stationed. Thank you in advance for arriving on time!
How many volunteers do you need and can I bring family or friends?
We need as many volunteers as we can get!! There are many positions and the more community support we get the better the Festival will be!! Please visit the volunteer registration page to look at jobs and shifts and register. Please note if you and your friends would like to work as a team.
Where do I park?
There is limited designated Festival parking. Please allow plenty of time to find a space and make your way to the gate. We strongly encourage you to carpool, walk, bike or use the Festival shuttles.
Do I have to pay to get in?
No, your free admission is a small token of our appreciation for your help. In addition you will also receive a t-shirt and snacks!
Can I use my volunteer hours for school or community service credits?
- School: Yes! If your school has a program that gives credit for your time - we are a non-profit organization and your time should count! Please see the Volunteer Coordinator at the end of your shift to have any time sheets signed.
- Community Service: Yes! Be sure to bring any applicable paperwork to the Festival and see the Volunteer Coordinator at the end of your shift!
What should I wear?
We will provide you with an event t-shirt which you must wear during your shift(s). This allows everyone to know you are part of the event! In general we recommend you dress in layers depending on when you plan to arrive / what time slot you request. Beautiful redwoods surround the park and provide wonderful shade on hot days. However, it can be a little damp and chilly in the mornings. Due to the park setting comfortable shoes are also recommended.
Who can I call or email with additional questions?
Please contact Phil Garratt / Volunteer Coordinator with any questions. Cell: 415-505-6564.
*Positions are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Every effort will be made to accommodate requests. We appreciate your flexibility should your first or second choice position be unavailable.
When can I volunteer for the 2019 Festival?
We have the 2019 volunteer registration page
in place now.